To be a successful and preferred supplier of a range of products both locally and abroad with a focus on supplying raw and semi raw materials to the food and feed manufacturing industries. Our aim is to be the “brand behind the brands”.
- Treat all people as we would like to be treated ourselves
- Our customers are our life blood
- We have a passion for excellence
- We value our environment and our community
Lillimex is an owner operated company, founded in 1997 by the current management. Originally it was founded as a trading company in the agriculture sector, but has since expanded into various other sectors.
Lillimex’s head office is based on the Orange River, adjacent to the National Road N12, leading from Hopetown to Kimberley, but also have offices in Johannesburg, Paarl and Stellenbosch.
The majority of our business is currently based on importing various products for local industry.
We are an active player in the animal protein market and among other products, we import Meat and Bone Meal, Poultry Meal, Feather Meal and Broken Rice for the Pet Food Industry. These products are mainly sourced from various countries in South America.
We entered the palm oil market 3 years ago and currently focus on supplying restaurants with a very high quality Palm Olein for all their frying purposes. We source the oil from Malaysia.
From dealing with Palm Oil we also entered into the Vegetable Fat industry which is a natural addition to the basket since both these products generally come from the same source. The products we offer in this sector generally end up in the ice-cream and baking industry.
In partnership with our associated company Bigfoot Trading Co. (Pty) Ltd, we manage and facilitate the exports and imports of roughly 200 containers (approximately 4300 metric tons) of popcorn seed per year.
We are a supplier of juice (TruFruit) and bottled water (Aqua Monte), and distribute to variety of restaurants, lodges and caterers in Gauteng. We also sell directly to the public.
We also trade in the following products:
- Wine (export)
- Aluminium Sulphate (import)
- Fertilizers (import)
- Animal Feed Additives (import)
We provide logistical services in selected metropolitan areas with warehousing in Johannesburg, Cape Town, Durban, Port Elizabeth and Bloemfontein.
Our core distribution is focused on Ster-Kinekor, to whom we supply on a weekly basis 23 stock units to 56 cinemas nationally and to border countries including Namibia, Zambia and Zimbabwe.
Other customers include AVI Products, Techno Pet, SPAR, Diary Exchange, Fedics – Sun International, City Lodge Courtyard Group, Liquor City, and The Galitos Group.
Lillimex is a private company owned by Koos de Wet and Johann Kriek with each holding a 50% share in the company.
Koos de Wet, Executive Chairman and Marketing Director
– is responsible for business development and marketing. Koos has an M.Sc in Agronomy from the University of the Free State. Koos has had extensive local and overseas exposure and has developed enviable relations - from a zero base - with customers in South Africa, Russia, Thailand, Singapore, Greece, Europe, Argentina, Kenya, West Africa and others.
Johann Kriek, Managing Director
– is responsible for General Management and Financial Administration. Johann has M.Eng and MBA (Cum Laude) from the University of Stellenbosch. Johann has had extensive experience in Agribusiness, both locally and overseas where he has held executive positions in the agricultural sector. Johann has extensive international trading experience with a number of products and countries, including China, South America and Malaysia.
But probably more important - is the general company maxim – “we love doing good ongoing business, with good customers and good suppliers, big and small” – which is what you will find, once you deal with our people. To quote one of our customers “Their reliability and integrity is beyond reproach”.
We look forward to grow with all our suppliers and customers and adding value to their and our business.
Download Lillimex's BBBEE Certification »